martes, 27 de mayo de 2008

Blowing off steam from your job


This second entry refers to jobs. OK so who's had a frustrating job before? ok ok hands down. The truth is we all have been caught up in some kind of horrible stressing job that on top of all we hate. Due to the particular circumstances sometimes we can just walk out of it but a very often we can't and we feel tied down to it for the rest of our lives! Call it the difficulty of finding some other job or the different commitments (usually involving money) that we might have either way we are stucked.

Right now I find myself in a job I just HATE and the reasons for not leaving are a combination of economics, difficulty finding something cool and the fact I don't hold my law degree just yet. Something I find excruciating is the fact that some of my co-workers just don't want to do their jobs. Example: I have to go pay some fine the government imposed to the company and I need it in cash, the guy managing the cash for the day to day activities complains about it and gives me a hard time; why do I have to take his frustration? I come back to my cubicle upset and frustrated that something so simple he turned it into third world war. It's very complicated sometimes to coexist with people so different to you especially when this results in confrontation.

Two things here: If you happen to have a co-worker like mine that complains about doing what he or she is supposed to do just ignore them, whenever you know you'll have to deal with them just prepare yourself mentally, block their agressions and go there (always prepared for the worst). If they just push your buttons so hard you would like to shout at them remember not to engage and instead come in here and blow off some steam.

No hay comentarios: