miƩrcoles, 20 de agosto de 2008

Motivation


Ok so let's face it, I was ready to delete "The Steamer Pot" it's not like I have a following or anything (just yet...) but I'll give it a second shot.

I'm still hooked on the most frustrating job ever known to man kind and lately I've been evaluating myself and naturally how this junk job is affecting me and what in the world am I getting out of it. Let's see, the money? well the pay is not that awsome to say so, experience? I've been doing the same thing for over seven months already so no, connections? with whom exactly?

After this quick assesment I started wondering "If I would want things to get better here, what do I need?" and I came to the conclusion that I'm literally dragging issues since day one. You can call this my first real job, since it is my first job after university so all I care about right now is to learn, learn and learn but it's a bit hard to do that if you get stucked just doing databases right? A bit ago I heard someone say "just pay your dues and after you'll get the opportunity to do more fun stuff" and that is a pretty cool way of looking at things it means you work for something that is better and you know you'll get there but whay if there is nothing?? then what are you actually working for?? you are finding a way to just pass your time??

The main issue here is MOTIVATION, yes sir, motivation, motivation, motivation. you need to feel pumped so you can devote yourself to a task, you need to believe on it, feel useful, see the impact of your actions. If someone (this goes to all you bosses out there) feels that they are being part of something, that what they do is important and relevant you can count on that person to be willing to die for whatever task you put in front of them.

What about rewards? sometimes a "thank you" or "congratulations" or "great job" is more than enough. It is soooo important to feel that you've done something right and that people like it that you should never ever forget to say that, remember MOTIVATION.

Even if you have someone working for you, you have to sell them the idea so they can work on it otherwise, yes the'll do it, but not with the same heart and will a fueled person would do it.

No hay comentarios: